It can be tough to be green, especially as a parent. Your brain isn’t always working correctly, you have less time, shifted priorities, and added expenses.
Last year I chatted with DJ Waldow of gDiapers' It Takes a Village to Raise a Parent Podcast. As the former Community Manager at gDiapers, I was honored to be interviewed about my green parenting tips and tricks.
Listen to the episode here.
- How and why I launched an organic skincare product company
- Growing up environmentally aware
- How my eco-passion grew once I had children
- Educating other parents on being more green
- How simple actions and decisions can make an impact
- Start small and don’t be hard on yourself (good tips for parenting in general)
- Reusable to-go boxes and produce bags
- Organic is better than non-organic
- Watch out for the word “natural"
Links to the green products I mention in my interview:
- Urban Oreganics
- Marleys Monsters: cloth baby wipes, nursing pads, towels and sandwich bags
- Bamboo toothbrushes
- Stainless steel straws
- Reusable coffee cups
- Reusable grocery totes
- Reusable produce bags
- Kitchen compost bin
- Stainless steel sippy cups
MY PREVIOUS WORKSPACE:
At the time this podcast was recorded, I was actually in between work spaces. We were renovating our current house, so I was working in the basement at my parents' house. But I do reference my previous workspace a few times during the show.
- - -
Have a podcast you'd like to interview us for? We love to chat all things parenting, business, eco-friendly, home renovation, and more! Contact us to get started.