**This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase through my link, you won't pay anything extra, but I will earn a small commission that helps support my content.
As a menstruating person, it's important to take care of ourselves during that time of the month. A menstrual box is an excellent way to protect your physical and mental health during a time when you might not feel your best. In this blog post, we will discuss what a menstrual box is, why you should have one, and what items to include.
What is a menstrual box?
Similar to a self care kit, a menstrual box is a collection of items that can help make your period more comfortable. The contents of the box will vary per person, but typically include menstrual products, pain relief items, snacks, and self-care items like candles, essential oils, and skincare products.
Why should you have a menstrual box?
Having a menstrual box is convenient. You won't have to frantically run to the store because you ran out of pads or tampons (or anything else that helps make the week easier). Everything you need is right there in one place.
A menstrual box can help alleviate some of the discomfort that comes with menstruating. Pain relief items like heating pads or hot water bottles can help soothe cramps. Self-care items like candles and essential oils can create a calming atmosphere and relieve stress.
Having a menstrual box is an act of self-care. It’s a physical reminder to take care of yourself during a time when you might not feel your best. By having a box full of items that make you feel good, you’re taking care of your physical and mental health.
What items should you include in your menstrual box?
The items you include in your menstrual box will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Here are our suggestions:
- Menstrual products: You will need to include menstrual products like pads, tampons, or menstrual cups. If you haven't already, be sure to make the switch to reusable menstrual products. These are eco-friendly alternatives to disposable products, and they're also much more cost-effective in the long run.
- Pain relief items: Menstrual cramps can be painful, so include items like a heating pad to help soothe the pain.
- Snacks: Some people experience cravings during their period, so include some healthy snacks like nuts or fruit to help satisfy those cravings.
- Self-care items: Self-care items like candles, essential oils, dry shampoo, and a soothing facial mask can help you feel more relaxed and less stressed during your period.
- Entertainment items: Include items like books, magazines, or a puzzle to keep you entertained during your period.
- Comfort items: Comfort items like a Seek & Swoon cozy blanket can help you feel more comfortable during your period.
- Mood boosters: Items like your favorite lip balm, body spray, or nail polish can help boost your mood and make you feel more confident.
In conclusion, having a menstrual box is a great way to take care of yourself during your period. It's convenient, comfortable, sustainable, cost-effective, and an act of self-care. So, why not create your own menstrual box today? Your body will thank you for it!
**Visit our menstrual box link for all the items we recommend from our UO site.